Sunday, October 28, 2012

I love Fall

I tolerate summer for two reasons. The first is that I have no choice, lol.  The second is that it leads me to Fall and Winter, my absolute favorite seasons of the year.

Here in Georgia, one of the first signals that Fall is "falling" is that the humidity drops dramatically seemingly overnight. (Aaahhhhh....) When that happens, I finally feel like I can breathe. Typically this happens around the 1st week of October, but then we get a "wonderful" Indian Summer where temps shoot back up into the 80s and I am sad, lol.  Now as we are sliding into November it feels as though Autumn is here for real.

When I woke up this morning it was chilly and breezy.  I came out to the living room and Patrick had a fire (our first of the season) going in the fireplace, and was cooking a stew/soup at the stove.  (Could the day be MORE perfect???)  Looking at the forecast for the week ahead, I see our first dips below freezing in store.  Love love LOVE!!!!

I'm sitting at the kitchen table working on my English paper and enjoying a cup of pumpkin spice coffee with caramel creamer. I glance to my right and see the autumn leaves falling in the breeze.  I am thankful.

No comments: