Friday, July 15, 2011

A tough one

This week was one for the books. I am exhausted mentally and physically. I don't even know where or how to start.

My dad was taken by ambulance to the hospital with chest pains, and now we're looking at him needing triple bypass surgery...if the surgeon is willing to attempt it, due to his other health concerns and the locations of the blockages. He is home on medication now, and will meet with the surgeon on Tuesday to discuss his options.

Shannon was a counselor this week at Girl Scout camp, and on Wednesday slipped and fell on her foot. We thought it might be broken, but luckily an xray showed "just" soft-tissue damage. With a well wrapped foot she was able to finish her week at camp.

We had another major snafu this week with P's disability and a doctor's office, but it's way too detailed to rehash. We're pretty confident that it's all on the way to working out now, but it took a lot of miles and phone calls (and worry).

I'm not even going to go into the whole debt ceiling thing...and lack of guarantee of the disbursement of social security/disability checks in August. I can't control that, so at this point, I just have to pray and have faith.

I've got enough other stuff on my plate that this point.

I swear I've aged 20 years this week!

No comments: