Thursday, August 5, 2010

Can't sleep

I'm not sure if it's all the meds, or all the naps...or a combination of both, but I can't sleep tonight. I had kind of a rough day, pain-wise today...and I think that might be part of it too, even though my pain is just like a 2 or 3 right now.

I tried to just stay in bed, but I've been there a lot this past week, lol. That's right! It has already been a week (and a day) since my surgery! Overall, I think I am doing very well. It is hard to "take it easy," but I am SO blessed by how Patrick, Shannon, and our friends have been taking care of me. Through no organized pla, we received a week's worth of dinners from our friends. And it was neat too, because it was very "random" friends that felt moved to share. One of Shannon's friend's family, our across the street neighbors, two girl scout friends, a past pre-school family, my BFF, and my aide from school each contribted a meal. I've also received several cards, and a bouquet of flowers. Isn't that beautiful?

To receive the kindness of others is such a blessing. Sometimes it can be difficult to accept, but really...its just amazing. I decided that in lieu of sleeping tonight, I would sit and reflect on the kindesses being shown to me and my family...and write thank you cards. Feels good.

Hey, my Droid posts are getting longer! :-)

No comments: