Friday, April 12, 2013

Mission Accomplished

It felt good to process all that out of my system yesterday.  Sometimes you just need to word-vomit it all out so you can start fresh.

Last night when Patrick got home from school, I showed him the recipes I'd found, showed him my insanely OCD shopping list, and told him what I was going to do today.  He was really happy for me.  He knows my struggles, but gives me the time to come to decisions on my own.  He has several food issues (gluten intolerance, peanut sensitivity, etc.) and eats quite clean on his own.  I'm more of the junk food hound of the family.

So anyway, today I prepped my four freezer meals...and guess what?  It was easy, and (shhhh) a little fun.  Also?  I'm not good at chopping onions.  I chose two recipes (Savory Chicken, and Sausage and Peppers) that I had pinned on Pinterest.  They were originally posted by Ring Around the Rosies.

Being so new to this, I followed her instructions pretty much to the letter.  I feel all accomplished and domestic now.



No comments: