Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 5 - Something I hope to accomplish in my life

Today is Day 5 of a Month of ME. Originally, I planned to complete these days quickly...you know, one per day! Life keeps popping up, and slowing my blog progress, but I am going to keep at it!

There are a lot of things I hope to accomplish in my life...some "frivolous," some not, but all things I'd love to "check off my bucket list."

  • See the Grand Canyon
  • Visit Greece
  • Learn to crochet
  • Run a 5K...and then maybe a 10K?
  • See Shannon get married and become a mother
  • Enjoy watching Shannon achieve a career she loves
  • Travel as much of Route 66 as possible!
  • Stay out of debt
  • Live (if only briefly) where it snows
  • Live (if only briefly) near the beach
  • (I haven't blogged about this yet, but an item that would have been on this list has recently been checked off...own a Jeep!)
  • Achieve a healthy weight and fitness level
  • Read the Bible daily

I've made huge strides in dealing with my worries. This has been a huge struggle for me in my life, and getting it under control is something I'm really proud of. It's hard to "quantify" for a list, but definitely a trait I want to continue!

For a long time, my life felt like it was in a holding pattern. There was a LOT going on. A LOT to deal with...but it was really hard to see that I was accomplishing anything.

Now, I feel like I'm in a huge growth pattern, and seeing all kinds of opportunities for change, renewal, etc. It's exciting!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie M. Page said...

I want to visit Greece too! So badly. =)