Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lose It!


All summer I've been trying to focus on my weight and fitness level, but have been hit and miss (mostly miss, sadly) with my results. I believe that any workout is good for your body, whether or not the scale actually does anything...so I know it's all been worth it...but clearly, I was missing something. My weight pretty much has not moved at all since school got out in May. Frustrating!

While I was sitting in my dad's hospital room, I stumbled across a FREE weight loss app for my iPhone (also available for Android) called LoseIt! In just the few days since I downloaded it, it has completely re-directed my efforts, and guess what? I've lost some weight!

It's really very simple and easy; nothing new or revolutionary. In order lose weight/get in shape you have to watch what you eat, and exercise, right? Right! So why do I love the app? Because it kind of feels like a game. When you create a profile, you enter your age, height, weight, goal weight, and how "quickly" you want to lose. (It allows you to choose increments between 1/2 lb. per week and 2 lbs. per week.) From there, LoseIt! establishes a daily "budget" for you. Then you simply enter the food you eat (it tracks all of the nutritional information), and all of the exercise you do...and it does the rest! It's so easy to see when you're "done" for the day. It's SO NICE to see how your meals stack up, and have a limit set to monitor your intake. Plus, there are fun little features like earning "badges" for sticking with it, etc.

Who knew the motivation I needed was an app?!? For the first time in a long time I feel like I'm on the right track!

(I was not asked to review LoseIt!, nor is this a paid endorsement...I just simply love this app and wanted to let you know about it!!!)

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm going to try this! Thanks for sharing your experience with it!