Saturday, May 19, 2012

Well. I did it!

Thursday was my last classroom day.  It doesn't feel real yet.  I'm not sure when it will.  Lots of people came by my room to wish me well. I didn't cry, but I sure felt like it, lol!

During each of our programs, my director made me stand up and be acknowledged because this was my last year, but also because it was my 10th year of service. I hate standing up in front of a group of people, but it was nice to have the recognition!

Yesterday my girlies took me out for lunch and gave me presents!  They gave me THE CUTEST Hello Kitty umbrella, and a Kohl's gc for "back to school" shopping. I know I will keep in touch with them...but I'm gonna miss my peeps.  They've been my "family" for so long.

I'm cleaning out my storage room here at home, and giving everything away.  Feels awesome.  I thought I'd be sad to see it go, but I've known for months that this day was coming...that it just feels good.

I have to work on Monday to finish cleaning out my classroom, and then our staff party is on Tuesday.  After that?  I'm unemployed.  Gulp!  LOL!

1 comment:

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Congratulations on your unemployment!!!!

:)