Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Friday!

Welcome, sweet friends!

I'm feeling content and blessed today.

It's a little rainy, which is nice...I love the rain, but it also means it's a little cooler outside. I know it's June, but it's just been beastly hot here for about 3 weeks. Mid-90's, with heat index around 105...every day. Yuck. I'm not a hot weather person, but I try to grin and bear it.

My little world traveler is off on another adventure. Her best friend's mom texted me on Wednesday morning and asked if Shannon was available to go to Hilton Head for TEN DAYS, leaving Thursday afternoon! Wow! Shannon had a couple scheduled events, but they were easily changeable. Shan's BFF and mom have been in HH for a week already, and step-dad was driving down after work yesterday. BFF's mom woke up yesterday with the fun idea to have step-dad bring Shannon down with him, and surprise BFF! Isn't that fun? I'm so tickled for my girl.

The rest of her summer is a whirlwind though. She gets home from HH next Saturday around 3-4pm. She has a Girl Scout Counselor sleepover beginning at 5pm! She'll get home at 4pm on Sunday. Beginning the following day is GS Day Camp, where she'll be a counselor. That gets over on Friday the 16th. On Sunday the 18th, she's leaving on a mission trip for church, and won't be back til the 24th! Then, my surgery is on the 27th. When we dropped her off yesterday, I jokingly said "See you in August!"

I have no idea why, but our town's fireworks are tonight, so P and I will go see them. It will be weird, but kinda fun (like a date!) to go without Shannon. Maybe we should have a picnic dinner or something. Hmmm.

I dunno...I just feel...at peace. Life's just cooking along, and I feel like I'm right where I'm supposed to be. It's been awhile since I've felt this way.

If you're here from Friday Follow, I hope you'll link up and come again!


friday-follow

2 comments:

CALIFORNIA MOMMA said...

Hey thanks for following me. Im returning the favor. oh and I went to the drugstore, took the test..and I'm not pregnant! I'm a little disappointed, but still no period, so maybe it's too early to know. Thanks for the comment!1

Stephanie M. Page said...

You are gonna miss that girl!
Did you have a picnic dinner? =)