Friday, August 5, 2011

Five Question Friday...first timer!



I've seen so many bloggers participate in Mama M's "Five Question Friday," hosted at My Little Life, that today I decided I was going to play too! If you want to play along too, it's easy...just head over there, copy the questions, and get to it!

OK...time for the questions!

1. Do you have siblings and are you close with them?

Yes, I do...I have a brother and a sister, and while my relationship is fine with both of them, I wouldn't say that I'm CLOSE to my brother. We email and text occasionally, but that's about it. I know he'd be there for me if I needed him, and hopefully he knows the same about me...but he's 10 years older than I am, and lives in CA...so that's kinda what it is. My sister and I have probably the closest relationship we've ever had, and I love it. She really took to heart the role of "mean big sister" when we were kids, and as a result...we didn't really get along until we were adults. But now, it's all love...and she may even be moving out here to GA soonish! Excited!

2. Would you rather be slightly UNDER weight or slightly OVER weight?

Well, I've been "slightly" (hahaha) overweight for much of my adult life. So, to answer, I guess I'd rather be slightly underweight, just to see what it feels like. But my honest answer is that I'd just like to be a healthy, fit weight. That's my goal. (And I'm working on it! I've lost 4.2 lbs in the last 2 weeks.)

3. What's your favorite State Fair food to splurge on?

Mmmm...corn dogs or funnel cakes.

4. What are your thoughts on your kid(s) going to school in a few weeks?

This is a big year for us; Shannon is starting high school! Mostly, I'm excited. But there are worries of course...will she like it, will she be overwhelmed, how will she handle the pressure, will she be strong enough to resist peer pressure? Also, she is going "out of district" for school, to one that offers the IB (International Baccaulaureate) program. Only 2 other kids from her school are going there...so she's going to be making all new friends, too. Next Thursday (the 11th) is the day!

5. Pool or Ocean?

To look at? Ocean.

To play in? Pool.

I love being at the beach. I love playing in the sand. I even love playing in the (shallow) waves. That's about it, though.

I love that pools are crystal clear, that there isn't any (potentially dangerous) wildlife in there, there are no big waves to knock you down or drag you out to sea. It's just much more my speed.

I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog...please come back again! If you'd like to visit another participating blog...look below!

3 comments:

LA Botchar said...

Visting from the 5Q hop! Glad you decided to link up today....it's a great way to "meet" other bloggers, and discover new blogs.
or, if you are just really tired Friday and can't think of a post. LOL

Kate said...

High school!! How exciting!
And way to go on your weight loss!!

Sandy said...

Way to go on the weight loss! I'm down 43, with many many to go. :( I use MyFitnessPal.com, and that's really helped keep me on track! (and totally free!).

Welcome to 5QF! Careful, it's addicting!
Nice to meet you too!