Monday, August 29, 2011

If I had a month to live

What would I change?

I'm reading a book, One Month to Live: Thirty Days to a No-Regrets Life. As the title suggests, the goal is to re-focus your life to living passionately and fully.

Have you heard the song "Live Like You Were Dying," by Tim McGraw? In it he talks about traveling, facing fears, loving more deeply, etc. This book is designed to help the reader learn to make these changes...all without actually having to die 30 days later, lol.

So, the question begs...if I knew I only had 30 days to live, what changes would I make to my life?

The first thing that comes to mind is that I spend a lot of time in fear. I worry. A lot. I believe that we are not meant to live in fear, and I have made great strides in overcoming it, however, it'd be really a stupid waste of time to spend my last 30 days on Earth worrying about stuff like money or insurance issues.

Second, I'm going to go with the understanding that I'm NOT going to die at the end of this 30 days (lol), and I'd like to continue working on my fitness and general health. I want to live my life as a healthy and fit person!

Third, I want to be more patient with my loved ones. I am extremely patient at work, but at home I find myself sighing or getting snappy when things don't go exactly the way *I* think they should.

I'd like to spend more time outdoors, exploring. Taking hikes, going to parks, climbing mountains, etc. I suspect that someone would make a lot more memories this way...rather than sitting on a couch.

I'm noticing that my changes aren't BIG like "ride a bull" or "sky-dive"...but if I can make these changes in my life, it'd be big to me. My last one for now is to do less procrastinating. I spend a fair bit of time looking at things that I'd like to get done. Seems obvious, but if I'd just DO them...they'd be done! LOL

No comments: