Monday, April 15, 2013

What Should Cindy Do?

I've been making better choices the past several days. It feels good. It feels responsible. It feels like I'm doing right by myself. I've been procrastinating less. The house is cleaner. We're eating home-cooked meals (made by me). I'm exercising every day. How am I doing it? I'm listening to myself. Radical! When I walk through the bathroom, and see hair on the floor...I think "I should sweep that up." So I do. When I sit on the couch, I think "I should exercise." So I do. When I see messy kitchen counters because no one has emptied the dishwasher, I think "someone should empty that." So I do. I'm not sure how well this will represent as you read it. But, it's a shift in thinking from procrastination, which is ruled by the "someone should do that," or "I'll do it later." (Which never comes.) Now when I hear my brain say "should," I'm now turning it into an action item. And that feels better!

1 comment:

The Skinny on Staci said...

I hear ya! I've been trying to force myself to make better choices, too. It feels great! Now to keep it up... LOL