Thursday, February 7, 2013

Got gear!!!

We got our backpacks! (and tent)...we've pretty much got enough gear now that we CAN go backpacking! Squeal! (We're using tax refund money to get us started gear-wise.) I guess that doesn't really matter...I wonder why I always feel like I need to explain things. 

ANYWAY. 

I got a Deuter ACT Lite 65+10 pack. And Patrick got an Osprey Aether 60 pack. Mine's blue, his is green. 

Our tent is a Marmot Limelight 2P. It's Orange...I mean "Alpenglow." Patrick ultimately wants to sleep in a hammock, since we're pretty sure that will be most comfortable for his neck/back issues...but those are MUCHO spendy, so we're going to get started in a tent, and see how he does. If he's OK, then great. If not, we'll get him a hammock down the line a bit.

No comments: