Thursday, February 28, 2013

Liebster Award


Firstly, a big thank you to the lovely Jenna from Love from Jenna for nominating me for the Liebster Award.

What is the Leibster Award you might ask? Well, it's an award that is given to new blogs with fewer than 200 followers. It allows bloggers to promote their blog and to meet lovely fellow bloggers along the way.

The rules for the award are the following:
  • Nominees must link back to the person who nominated them. 
  • Nominee must list 11 facts about themselves. 
  • Nominee must answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated them. 
  • Nominee must than choose 11 people/blogs to nominate that have less than 200 GFC followers. Nominee must provide 11 questions to be answered by the people they choose to nominate.
So to get started, here are 11 facts about me!
  1. I've been blogging since January 2002 (in various locations...started way back on Xanga), but you'd never know it, lol.  I mainly have used my blog as a journal for myself...never promoted it or anything.
  2. I taught preschool for 10 years, but left my job this year to return to college to study Surgical Technology.
  3. Due to my dad's health, my parents live with us.
  4. I love Hello Kitty and Snoopy.
  5. I'm a big procrastinator...but I'll tell you more about that later. ;-)
  6. I have five tattoos. (left foot, right "index" toe, outside of right ankle, right hip, and left ring finger)
  7. I'm married to my high school sweetheart.  We've been together for 26 years, and married for 22-1/2 years.
  8. I'm a big baby when I'm sick, and love to be taken care of.
  9. My house is never spotless.  I keep a lived-in, and very comfortable home.  (It's not dirty either...but I don't stress on everything being just-so.)
  10. I've spent about 16 years addicted to Diet Coke, but have given up keeping it in the house. I only drink it if we go out to dinner now.
  11. Three things I want to see before I die are the Northern Lights, the Grand Canyon, and the Eiffel Tower.
Next...here are my answers to the 11 questions posted by Jenna.

  1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? On one hand, I'd love to say something like New Zealand! But more realistically...I'll say Myrtle Beach, SC.
  2. Are you a Facebook or Twitter person? Definitely Facebook
  3. What is your all-time favorite movie? Oh man.  That is tough.  We are movie people, and watch them all the time...usually rather than TV.  But if I have to pick ONE...I guess I'll go with Apollo 13.
  4. Sweet or savory? Sweet, please!
  5. Who is your favorite person in the entire world? What a question!  Do I choose hubby or my daughter?  My parents or my siblings?  What about my best friends? Oh my.  I can't narrow it down through those folks...so I'm going to choose a celebrity, lol.  Tom Hanks! I love Tom Hanks.
  6. How do you like to spend your spare time? I like to hike. I like to play games. I like to watch movies.  I like to sleep.
  7. Are you a Mac or PC person?  I've always been a PC person, but when I went back to college, I bought a Mac, and I LOVE it.
  8. If you could change the world in one way, what would it be? I would figure out how to provide healthy food and water to all.
  9. What is your favorite animal? Dolphins and meerkats
  10. Tea or coffee? For the longest time, it was neither...I only drank Diet Coke.  But now I like coffee. Thank you, college!
  11. What do you enjoy most about blogging? I enjoy having a record of my life, and I enjoy reading about other people's family situations.
Here are the blogs I nominate for the Liebster Award.  I have only 6 to nominate...but I love to read each of them.
  1. Hannah at Our Journey
  2. Annie at The House that Jade Built
  3. Tracey at A Dozen Reasons and More
  4. Tricia at Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries
  5. Andrea at The Simmons Family
  6. Staci at The Skinny on Staci
Finally, here are the 11 questions for my nominees to answer!
  1. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
  2. What is your dream vacation?
  3. What is your favorite dessert?
  4. Do you wear make-up every day?
  5. If you could meet one famous person, who would it be, and why?
  6. What's your go-to comfort food?
  7. Are you close with your extended family?
  8. Are you hoping to add more children to your family at some point? If so, do you have any names chosen?
  9. Do you like to cook? What's your favorite meal to prepare?
  10. I give you a box.  Inside it is your most prized possession.  What is it?
  11. Do you have any "stupid human tricks?" (Funny skills that are kind of odd and random)
OK! That's it!!! Go forth and spread the love! I can't wait to read your responses!

No comments: