- Patrick and I hiked 14.4 miles last Saturday, and it was AWESOME! The trail was rated "difficult," and I can say "YES IT WAS!!!" But I'm super proud of us, and super proud of ME!!!
- Yesterday was Valentine's Day, and while we don't buy into the whole "Hallmark Holiday-ness" of it, we do show each other our love, buy little gifts, enjoy some sweet treats, etc. Patrick and I each gave each other a backpacking gear item! I gave him a Platypus 3L hydration system, and he gave me a head lamp. ROMANTIC! But actually it is, because it's things to move us closer to our dreams. We gave Shannon an iTunes card and the DVD of "The Perks of Being a Wallflower."
- Today is my sweet mom's 77th birthday! So happy she's here (literally, HERE...she and my dad live in our downstairs) and so healthy. Happy Birthday, Mom...I love you!
- Started learning to take vital signs this week. I'm so stupid-excited about it. It feels like the first, tangible health-care thing I'm doing.
- I ordered my first stethoscope and BP cuff yesterday, and I can pick them up TODAY. Can't wait!
- Patrick is finally ordering the part we need to fix my Jeep. It's been out of commission since BEFORE Christmas...we've just been waiting and waiting to be able to afford the part. Every time I walk by "her" in the driveway, I pat her and tell her that I still love her and haven't forgotten about her.
- Shannon's church youth group went to a big concert called Winter Jam last Sunday night. (Tickets were only available at the door.) They took our two church busses down to the arena in Atlanta, and the concert sold out when HALF of our group had gone in. Can you believe that? So, Shan didn't get to see the concert. She DID get to hang out with her friends, and eat dinner in ATL, but still. Not the same thing.
- Went through a grumpy spell this week...lasted about 3 days actually. I'm wondering if it might be my body adjusting to a lower amount of carbs? I'm not sure, but I think Patrick and Shannon are glad that I'm perking back up! LOL