Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Home stretch!

Yesterday and today were my last real "class" days at preschool. Tomorrow and Thursday are program and party days, and then I'm done, done, done! This has been such a fantastic year...great classes, sweet parents...just wonderful. The last several years have had some really stressful parts that kind of cast a "pall" over the year...by contrast, this has been a sweet year of renewal. Reminders that I *am* good at my job, and that I'm appreciated by the families of my students. Those feelings actually make me want to work harder and try new things in the classroom, etc!

That said, I'm ready to sleep in, lay by the pool, read books for fun, etc. Bring on summer!

I'm looking forward to a few things this summer, besides resting, lol! I have a doctor appointment next Friday to discuss having a hysterectomy. I've had "girlie troubles" for years, and I'm just so done. 2 years ago I had an ablation, and while it helped...things are heading back to the way they were before. I just don't want to go back there. I'm hopeful that doctor will be in agreement.

Patrick and I have also been working hard at cleaning out our home of things we don't use. It's a little mind-boggling to see all the stuff we own, and truly realize how little of it we actually need/use. Most of our cast-offs are going to Goodwill, although we've sold a telescope and Shan's old keyboard on Craigslist so far this week! (We also have a nibble on my old laptop, but that one's not final yet.) It just feels SO good to simplify, and to take our belongings down to the stuff we truly enjoy or need.

Our whole focus this year is to simplify. Simplify our home. Simplify our health. Simplify our finances. It feels SO good to be making progress on it all.

No comments: