Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Revisited

It's been almost 13-1/2 years since I became a Mom. Each year, we've celebrated Mother's Day as a family...with special meals, cards, gifts, time together. This year we added something. A first, if you will.

I got to put Shannon "on restriction" for the very first time. While I know I'm lucky that she is 13 and has never been grounded before...being a mom is hard! I hate having limits pushed to the point where punishment is necessary. But I hope that maybe this will help put things back (at least for awhile) to where they ought to be.

Happy Mother's Day, lol!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Oh that sucks!

Big hugs for you, Cindy!

(my word for word verification is "pouncify" and it's making me laugh)

Stephanie M. Page said...

Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day despite the "grounding"