Saturday, January 2, 2010

First day of the rest of my life

Rosie kept me up all night, so I didn't get up quite as early as I had planned, but aside from that...I'll be a busy little bee today.

I've gotten my calendar and newsletter done for one of my classes, and am about to start on them for class #2.

I'm on my second load of laundry.

Shannon and I are going to run out in a bit to work on a surprise for my sister. As part of my quest of "being a better friend," I have realized that I can also be a better sister. We are putting a little sumpin'-sumpin' together for her and her partner. I don't *think* she reads my blog, but I'm going to be a little secretive about it until I know she's received it. (Oh! mental note...I need to get a bag of dog food while we're out.)

There will also be some form of exercise today too...I think it'll either be elliptical machine, or Shan's new Wii game called "Just Dance!"

I think I'm prepared for Bible Study tomorrow night, but I should probably look over my lesson plan to be sure. The adults spend many weeks on the same chapter, so as the children's teacher, my lessons follow in that chapter as well. We've been on the same chapter (Romans 12) for about a month...but we missed a week of class, so I am pretty sure I have a lesson plan all ready to go! Yay!

I'm getting just about ready to take down our Christmas decorations too, although...the problem with establishing family traditions is that sometimes they end up dictating HOW and WHEN things can happen. We've always left our decor up until Epiphany...and Shannon knows this. I mentioned that I was pretty much ready to reclaim the house, and she about had a hissy fit, lol. "Mom! It's not January 6th!" So yeah. Maybe we'll leave it up a few more days.

Last week I saw this cute idea on Make and Takes to make 2010 glasses out of pipe cleaners (what's the politically correct name for those now? I can't remember... a-ha! chenille stems!). I know it's probably meant for younger kids, but I decided to make them with Shannon...and it turns out we had a lot of fun. She thinks I'm nuts, but that's OK. Here is my cute family on New Year's Eve!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: