Thursday, June 17, 2010

Getting things in order

For those not "in the know," I'm working my way toward a hysterectomy, and I'm quite happy about it, lol! I've been waiting to meet with a second doctor, to see if my symptoms warranted a second procedure...and if it could be done at the same time as the hysterectomy.

My appointment was yesterday, and after a not-so-fun procedure, the answers are yes and yes! So as bad as the procedure was, I'm glad I had it done so I have the answers I need. I should be getting a call from the surgery scheduler in the next 3-4 work days.

I went out tonight and bought two new pairs of new jammies so I'll be nice and comfy afterward. I love new jammies. It's been FOREVER since I had some!

This may be a tad bit, TMI...and if it is, I apologize. But it struck me as sorta funny, so I'll share it.

You know how even after you *know* something, it can take awhile for it to really sink down into your consciousness?

I was in the bathroom tonight, um...adjusting a tampon, and had the thought "Ohhh this is going to be AWFUL after my surgery." And then...the light bulb went on. Aaaahhh! No more periods!!! Finally! Thank you, God!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I think I'm headed for a hysterectomy too :-( Not as happy about it as you are though ;-)