Monday, February 22, 2010

Help, I just aged about 10 years

Shannon got asked out by a boy today! Apparently he's liked her for awhile, but just gut up his nerve to ask her out today. And...get this...she said NO. LOL! (Poor boy...but Atta Girl!!!)

She also came home upset about a stupid thing going on in band, and I had to go all "Mama Bear" and write a nastygram to the director. Lame!

Good heavens. A boy? Sigh.

In other news...I'm making my first-ever Julia Child recipe. I went for one that looked tres easy...Potage Parmentier, or Potato and Leek Soup. I'll keep you posted.

Also, as I write, our new dishwasher was installed this morning, but now we seem to have a leak under our right-hand kitchen sink. Patrick is under there, muttering.

...a boy???

9 comments:

HD said...

Hey Cindy. Thanks for stopping by again. Yes, you're right. Last week was 5 lbs and this week is 4. Why that couldn't happen in the first thirty days of the Shred, I don't know.
How are you doing? I totally recommend the Last Chance Workout. Shorter segments makes it more doable.
(o:

Danielle said...

A boy. My the grow up quick. I am sure this is was on your mind alll day. I was so inspired by the Julie & Julia movie. Have you seen it ?

Tenny Kusuma said...

Looking forward to reading more about the Julia Child's recipe.
Here's a little something for you.
http://a-mom-life.blogspot.com/2010/02/unexpected.html

McVal said...

My 15 yo dd was asked to the sweetheart ball by a boy this year too... It's too soon!
She accepted tho, but only as a group date thing. So now she and this group get together every few weeks and watch a movie. Our house will come up soon enough for one of these group "date" gettogethers...
Good for her on turning him down! But unfortunately it will ALWAYS be too soon for parents...

Kate said...

Some kid in my 8 year old daughter's class told her she was sexy.

!!!

Yeah...I'm with you when it comes to aging the 10 years!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Thank you, Thank you for your comment! I am so blessed by that :) I love hearing about marriage that last and are thriving. That is our prayer!! People are quick to share about imperfections and terrible marriages... yikes!! Bless you, Cindy! I am following you know - hoping to clean some insight and wisdom from you!
-Ri

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by!

Im scared to death when the time comes my Pre Teen either asks a boy out or is asked out on her own. I know its coming in the next year or so though.

Sonora said...

Oh man...I am glad I am not there yet. I know it will happen way too soon! I do have to say that it is great she told you about it. I hope my kids will tell me what is going on in their lives as they get older.

Unknown said...

It was bound to happen eventually!