Saturday, February 6, 2010

Resolution Re-visit

So, it's February. (Yes, I know that might be obvious...but I missed most of this week in a fog of pain meds...so bear with me, lol.) 1/12th of the year is gone already. I thought it would be a good idea to look back over my resolutions, and see how I am doing.

To re-cap...my resolutions were/are as follows:

1. Simplify eating / food choices. I haven't dedicated myself to this as much as I should. My meal choices have been OK, but I snack too much, and find that the foods I choose for snacks are just not good for me. I have a major sweet tooth. Maybe I need to make fruit my go-to snack.

2. Simplify spending. This resolution is coming along nicely. We are paying cash for everything. We're taking steps to simplify our finances. With Patrick on disability, things get scary...but we are doing our best to get into a place where we can live long-term.

3. Continue to simplify thought processes from worry, fear, and doubt...to faith and gratitude. I am doing very well here. I'm talking out my feelings more, and stewing about them less. I am taking time each day to be grateful for what I have, and even...for the problems I have. I'm getting to a point where I realize that if I didn't have problems, I wouldn't be alive.

4. Be a better friend (keep in contact, and send notes & gifts). Ummm...I could be doing more here. I've done a liiiiiittle better, but really nothing major. As a teacher, it feels like every student gives me notecards as a gift. (This is lovely! but the point is...I have a LOT of them.) Tomorrow, I am going to write a note to my sister, best friend, etc.

5. Exercise 5x per week. I completed 15 days of the 30 Day Shred. I decided to switch to another form of exercise...and then I hurt my neck. If I average it out...I exercised 15 out of 31 days, which is just about half...and WAY better than I'd done in any previous months. So I'm going to call this one a victory. Starting Monday, I will be starting back to exercising...slowly and carefully.

Wow, seeing them written out like this, I see that I still have a lot of places to work on. I'm really proud of keeping my thoughts in a positive place (that's big for me), and the work we're doing on our finances. I see that I did a lot of work on exercising...I want to keep that up. I've really got to work harder on keeping in touch with my loved ones, and with making good food/snacking choices.

How are you doing on your resolutions?

No comments: