Sunday, March 7, 2010

Answers to your questions, Part Three

OK, time for some more getting to know ME answers! I just finished watching The Barbara Walters special, and now I feel like I'm being interviewed, lol!

OK...off we go!

First, Colleen asked:

What books are on your list of favorites? Well, most of the reading I’m doing lately is my Bible, and books to help me along my path. The one I’m currently using is “Victory in the Wilderness” by John Bevere.

The movie “Julie & Julia” really moved me. Made me realize the strength of finding your passion, and following it. It inspired me to read Julie Powell’s book “Julie & Julia,” as well as “My Life In France” by Julia Child and Alex Prud'homme. Both are excellent, and I highly recommend them. Riding the Julie Powell wave, I bought her new book, “Cleaving.” Sadly, I didn’t care for it. Her writing skills are fantastic and witty, but I just found that it made me sad. I can expound on why if you want…but I don’t want to ruin the storyline, in case you might read it.

Next, a high school friend of mine, Stacy, added her cute sense of humor by asking:

Was Stacy the most awesome person you ever knew in high school? Well, naturally! I had a great group of friends and had a lot of fun! Stacy was (and still is) awesome and fun!

How has your life improved since you found her on Facebook last year? Gosh, by leaps and bounds! LOL! No..actually my life IS better. I’m really making strides at trusting more and worrying less. (This is totally unrelated to Stacy, by the way, lol!)

Amber asked me a question so personal, I wasn't sure I was ready to be this open on my blog. But I decided to go for it....

What's your favorite color? My favorite color is purple. And green. And bright pink.

Jenn is working to balance blogging with "real life." So, she asked:

How long to you spend on your blog each day? On my blog? Not long…probably 10-15 minutes.

How many other blogs do you read? How long do you spend reading on a commenting on other blogs? Here’s where I spend some time, lol! Oh geez…I just went to look, and I have 158 blogs on my reader. Now, of course not everybody blogs every day, and a few aren’t even active anymore…but yeah, a lot of blogs. I probably spend an hour a day reading and commenting.

And finally, Kate wanted to know:

What do you like best about yourself?
I like that I am who I say I am. I like that I don’t play games with people. I like that I take care of others.

What do you admire most about your best friend? Oh gosh, I love her ability to keep things in perspective, and to almost always look on the bright side of things. Plus, no one (well, except Patrick) can make me laugh like she can.

If you could do anything, what would you like to be able to do?
Are we talking career here? Or just skills? I think it would be cool to be a meteorologist. I’m a total weather nerd, and I think it would just be a fascinating job. I wouldn’t want to be an on-camera meteorologist…but like, work for the National Weather Service, or a Storm Prediction Center, etc. I could also see myself being some sort of nurse/medical professional…but I have no idea what. Being with my dad in the hospital in October made me realize what kind of nurse I *couldn’t* be though, lol.

Skills… I’d love to be able to see the glass as half full. I’d love to be able to have an eye for fashion (be it in the home, on my body, whatever.) (Granted, I readily admit that I’m happy as a jeans and t-shirts girl…but you know, there are just those people that can SEE what would look good together? I don’t have that.) I think it would be cool to be able to yodel…yes, really!

-----

This was a lot of fun, everybody! Thanks so much for your questions...fun, probing, made me think, etc! I hope you'll all stick around and get to know me even more as I keep posting.

1 comment:

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

I'm loving reading your answers!

It's taking me forever to catch up with my reader!!!! 205 subscriptions! I had no idea. I think I need to do some reader cleaning!!!