Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A sense of peace

So, I'm doing better...getting my head wrapped around things...but still not great. It's a conscious decision to not be freaking out. I was talking to my friend/mentor, and he reminded me that God tells us to cast our worries upon him, and he will give the peace that passes understanding.

About a month ago, Patrick bought me a new Bible. It's a side-by-side NIV/Message translation. I like it because I don't have to switch between Bibles as often to get a better understanding/version of the scripture. I looked up the scripture he was referencing (Philippians 4:4-7), and it was lovely.

But then I read it in The Message, and wow. Talk about being shown where my mistake has been.

Read (This is verses 6 & 7):
"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."

It's so easy to let your earthly worries and anxieties rule your life. Easy to put humanness first. I really AM feeling the sense of peace...putting Christ back as the center of my life.

1 comment:

Stephanie M. Page said...

What a great way to put it. Christ has to be the center, or we are all of balance, eh? =)