Thursday, March 4, 2010

Answers to your questions, Part Two

OK, time for the second batch of questions! I'm really enjoying answering these. Lots of these answers are things I love to share, but never really would know how to bring them up, y'know? So...thanks!

Amy asked...What's the most vain thing you do on a daily basis?

I am just about the least vain person I can think of. I am pretty much a “what you see is what you get” kind of girl. I’m totally happy to wear jeans and a button down/collared shirt to work. For the first time IN MY LIFE, I own a pair of shoes that cost more than $100, and I just got them in Dec. Patrick MADE me get them. I’m perfectly content to wear my hair in a ponytail, and do that probably half the time. I guess the “most vain” thing I do on a daily basis is wear make-up (but just drug-store stuff, lol) and tweeze my eyebrows. I do have a *thing* about my eyebrows, so maybe that’s my big vanity point, lol.

Danielle had a few questions for me. They were:

Why do you like blogging so much??
Hmm. This is a good question. I’ve kept a blog since January 5, 2002. I’ve always been a small-potatoes blogger, but I love it. I like the “written” journal of events. I love being able to look back through what I’ve written and remember those times…the little details that I would have otherwise forgotten, etc.

More recently, I’m loving the feeling of community from blogging. Reading other people’s blogs, and seeing how much we have in common. Reading about their trials and tribulations…and realizing they’re not too dissimilar from my own. It’s a nice feeling.


What is your daily routine?? Generally speaking…I get up at 6:30 in the morning. I get ready for work, and leave at 7:30. (My daughter doesn’t have to leave for middle school until 8 am…so my husband takes her.) I teach preschool every morning, so from 8:15-12:45, I am with students. Every day except Wednesday, I watch a 2-3 year old girl in the afternoons until 4-4:30pm. During that time, I play with her, and work on my prep work. (Shannon gets out of school at 4:15, so Patrick goes to get her during this time as well. They get home at 4:30.) Our evenings consist of dinner time, homework, showers, occasional meetings, online time, and bed. Also worked into our weekly schedule is church, bible study class (I teach a children's bible study class on Sunday nights), youth group for Shannon, piano lessons for Shannon, Girl Scout meetings, etc.

What TV shows do you watch on a daily basis?
On a daily basis? None. My favorite show is The Biggest Loser, and we try to watch it every week. I’m much more of a movie person. I’d rather have a movie on in the background while I do my housework, or surf online, etc. We have an extensive DVD collection, so we just usually have something on from that. I did watch every single day of Olympic coverage, except one evening. From the commercials I saw during the Olympics, I want to at least try out the new shows Parenthood, Minute to Win It, and The Marriage Ref.

Steph had some questions that really made me think.

What are you passionate about?
I am passionate about my family. I’m passionate about my faith. I am passionate about children and education. I’m passionate about doing my best. I’m passionate about honesty.

What makes you tick??
I am a caregiver. I believe this is what makes me tick. I have always been the person concerned with taking care of others. As a little girl, when *anyone* had to go to the doctor/emergency room…I HAD to go too. My nickname was “Nurse Nancy.” From the time I was 4 years old, I have wanted to be a mother. In high school, my nickname from a good friend was “Mary Poppins.” I have been babysitting since I was EIGHT years old. (Hello…who hires an EIGHT year old to babysit??? LOL) My first job was working in a preschool. Patrick and I didn’t have Shannon until I could stay home with her. When she started school, I began teaching at the preschool. (Our plans had been to have more children…but God had another plan.) Now, since Patrick’s accident…my care-giving role has taken a different look. But when you break down who I am, and what I do…this is what it is.

I'm going to stop here for now. Shannon is going on a Youth Retreat tomorrow, and we've got packing to do! I do have a fun little quickie little post that I may put up before bed. We'll see if I remember! Hahaha!

2 comments:

Stephanie M. Page said...

I feel like we just went out to coffee. Thanks so much for sharing your heart!!

Danielle said...

Loved your answers! Thanks for answering!! The Biggest Loser is one of my favorite shows as well.