Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 1 Shred complete, and a revelation

So I gritted myself through Day 1, and it was tough! There were a few places I had to just march in place or I would have collapsed. But I did it! I wonder how sore I'll be tomorrow.

An interesting thing happened afterward though. One of the things that I feel remorse about is that I haven't been a better example for my daughter, as it relates to diet and fitness. I know I need to model the behavior I hope her to copy, but more often than not...I don't. And she is following in my footsteps...in ways I regret. Anyway, I was all hot and sweaty when she got home from school. (Usually I'm sitting on my bed or the couch, using my computer.) She asked what I had done and I told her about The Shred. She said "I wish it wasn't too cold to go for a bike ride." I told her that she could wear a coat and gloves (it's about 30 out) and ride, ride, ride! I am 100% positive that if I had been sitting on my bed like normal, that is NOT what she would have said. She would have gotten HER laptop and joined me. But, I was sitting there, sweaty from working out...and she had the idea to go ride her bike.

It's amazing when life's lessons are so evident.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

awe so awesome! Is exactly what happened to me with my kids..they were my #1 cheerleader...

My son is doing homework and wrote this as one of his sentences

"my mom exercises a lot and i like that"

It felt good :)

Say It Aint So! said...

Way to go! Today was Day 1 for me also. We can do this no matter how tough it is. I am praying tomorrow is easier but I am pretty sore this evening. I also had to march through a few spots. My main issue is the jumping jacks, jump rope, butt kicks. lol

StephF said...

My kids are joining in here! I love it!! I've been a bad example for far too long!!

Andrea said...

That's awesome!! I think it's neat that because of your example she wanted to go out and ride her bike! Be prepared to be sore. I did day 2 today and was soo sore. Jackie suggested taking an Advil and that's how I made it through my workout today. Good Luck!

MollyinMinn said...

That is fabulous! Congrats on setting such a great example!

Katie Jo said...

I'm so proud of you for inspiring your daughter. We teach our children their habits starting so early in life! You're doing a great job- keep it up!!