Thursday, January 21, 2010

Truth

So, this 30 Day Shred is giving me more than a physical workout. I don't know if I was in denial going in or what...but I'm getting just as rigorous a MENTAL workout going through it, too.

Truth #1: I didn't work out yesterday or the day before. I had hit the wall. Seriously. I am still dealing with this issue at work, and I think I'm going through the grief process. I've been having disbelief, sadness, shock, anger, etc. It's grueling. Then, I got my period, and anyone that knows me, knows they tend to knock me out. I just had NOTHING left to give. I know that's "technically" not the right answer, but it is what it is. I am trying to make a life-long change here, and in reality, I'm just not going to be able to work out every single day.

The good news is: I got back on the horse today. Day 13 is done and in the bag. The other good news is that Level 2 is getting much more manageable for me. It's soooo hard, and I think I'm going to die while I'm doing it, but I AM DOING IT.

Doing the Shred is so hard. I really think that gearing myself up mentally to work THAT HARD physically is part of the problem. At least for me. I suppose in reality it's just as easy as "pushing play" and getting started. But to know how hard I'm about to have to work, and how deeply I have to pull to get through it...it's tiring! When this 30 days is over, I really feel like I will have accomplished something.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go.. Your back on track!!! Keep going press hard and please please.. Eat healthy is going to help SOOO much :)

HD said...

Great job! Way to get back up. Keep up the hard work, it will pay off soon enough (o:

Kate said...

Atta girl! You can do it!

Alison said...

Way to get back into it!